Where do I get prescription refills ?
For prescription refills, please have your pharmacy fax a prescription refill request to 410-
Is there any preparation instructions ?
What If I have an Emergency ?
Emergencies of a life-
What If I have a non-life threatening emergency ?
If a non-
How do I Transfer or Release my Medical record ?
For medical record transfers or releases, please contact our Dr. Schub’s office at 410-
Medical records are released only with your permission. We follow HIPAA compliance regulations.
Please allow 7-
What insurance providers to you work with?
Here at Dr. Schub’s Columbia, Maryland gastroenterology practice, we accept most major insurances. Please call if your insurance company is not listed.
- Beech Street PPO
- Carefirst Blue Shield – Traditional/Indemnity, Blue Preferred, Select Preferred, POS, PPO, PPN, Federal Blue Shield
- Carefirst Bluechoice
- Choice Care Network
- Cigna Healthcare –
HMO, POS, Network, Network POS, Flex, HMO/POS open access, PPO, PPO Plus, PPA, PPA Plus, EPO, True Access
- Coventry Healthcare
- First Health
- Great-West Healthcare
- Howard County Health Department
- Johns Hopkins Healthcare, LLC
- Johns Hopkins EHP
- Medical Assistance
- NCPPO (Unicare)
- One Net PPO, LLC
- PHCS (Coresource)
- Priority Partners
- Railroad Medicare
- Tricare/Uniformed Services
- United Healthcare
What should I expect after my procedure?
1. You may experience some soreness at the IV (needle) insertion site. A warm compress can be applied. Call the
physician if pain persists.
2. You may experience gas and occasional abdominal discomfort after this procedure. You may also see a small amount
of blood in the stool.
Call Your Doctor if you experience any of the following
1. Persistent Nausea and Vomiting
2. Fever above 101 ° F within the next 48 hours.
4. Severe / worsening abdominal pain.
1. Gradually resume a regular diet today. Resume normal activities tomorrow. No strenuous activity today.
2. If you received sedation, do not return to work, drive or operate machinery today.
3. You are advised not to sign any important document for 24 hours after receiving sedation.
4. No alcohol or tranquilizers for 24 hours after receiving sedation.
5. No Aspirin after biopsies for ___ days. Tylenol or acetaminophen is acceptable.
6. It is advised that patients receiving anesthesia be supervised immediately following the procedure by a responsible adult for at least 12-24 hours.
If you are experiencing a medical emergency, please call 911. Otherwise, if you have any questions about the above-mentioned symptoms, please call Dr. Russell Schub’s office at 410-730-1000 ext. 56.
WHO WE ARE
We are committed to providing our patients with the highest quality of care. Dr. Schub makes it his mission to give his patients individualized and quality care when they step into our office.
The high levels of satisfaction among our patients assures you before, during, and after your visit that you are in the hands of one of the best gastroenterologists in the area.
What People are Saying
"Great experience. Very knowledgeable and friendly staff, excellent customer service. Dr. Schub was excellent, answered all questions and never rushed through my visits. Highly recommended."
"I've been visiting Dr. Schub for years. I have never been dissatisfied whether it's an office visit or colonoscopy. The office is great! Dr. Schub is very personable and explains everything very well. The colonoscopy procedure is great! The staff treats you very well while preparing. No pain, and great after care. I highly recommend this practice!!"
"It has been 10 years"
"Just saw Dr. Schub's page as a suggestion on here. It has been at least 10 years since I saw him and he did the best thing a doctor could do. He did the EGD down my throat. I was out, so I had no issues remembering a camera going down my mouth. We found the issue and fixed it. I've not had to see him again. That is how it should be. I shouldn't need years of follow up, but I know I'd go right back to him if I ever had an issue again."
“High Quality Care”
"A high pressure career resulted in several significant medical problems prior to my retirement. Thanks to Dr. Schub and his outstanding staff, these problems were diagnosed early, resolved and monitored regularly, leading to my thoroughly enjoying retirement over the last 8 years. While EGD's and colonoscopy may not be the most enjoyable experiences, I'm extremely grateful for the extremely high quality care I've received."
Hours of Operation
Mon-Fri : 7:30am – 5:00pm
Mon-Fri: 8:00am – 5:00pm
Tue-Fri: 9:30am – 5:00pm
Tue-Fri: 7:30am – 12:30pm
SAT & SUN
We are closed